Re: schema in openldap

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 12:38:10 Aravind Arjunan wrote:
> I like to know whether it is possible to create our own schema and add our
> own attributes and objectclass for that or not?

It is possible.

But, in my opinion, it is not yet necessary for your requirements.

If you want to waste your time learning schema design instead of the LDAP
basics, that might solve your problem, that's your decision (but I'm not
going to waste my time).

> If it is possible send me an example file so that i would be very thankfull
> to you.
> Since am trying to create my own schema and try to add attributes in
> that.But when i try to  restart the ldap service i got the below error.
>
> Checking configuration files for slapd:  /etc/openldap/schema/att.schema:
> line 3: AttributeType SYNTAX or SUPerior required:
> "1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.1.100.121"
> slaptest: bad configuration file!
>                                                            [FAILED]
> please help me with this issue.

You didn't supply att.schema, but it seems that your schema definition for
your OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.1.100.121 does not include the SYNTAX or SUP
keywords, one of them is required.

And, you really shouldn't be using the OpenLDAP Foundations' OID arc ...

Regards,
Buchan