slapcat: symbol lookup error ldap_pvt_sasl_mutex_unlock

Hello all,

I'm currently looking at upgrading my LDAP server from version 2.3.19.
In trying to slapcat my db from the old machine I am getting the following
error:

slapcat: symbol lookup error: slapcat: undefined symbol:
ldap_pvt_sasl_mutex_unlock

I get this error whenever I attempt to use any of the slap tools.

There is a little noise on the web in regards to the
ldap_pvt_sasl_mutex_unlock but nothing definitive that I can find.

I am going to replicate the db if possible and see if I can slapcat them
from a different machine.  Barring that however it would be good to be
able to solve this from the original perspective.

Any ideas?  Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Todd
Systems Administrator