Re: slapd-meta question

Hi,

danz@wustl.edu a écrit :
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Is it correct to state that with your example there must be a common
> element in the suffix in order for this to work?
> database        ldap
> suffix          "ou=A,o=example"
> subordinate
> uri ldap://a.example.com:389
>
> database        ldap
> suffix          "ou=B,o=example"
> subordinate
> uri ldap://b.example.com:389
>
> database        null
> suffix          "o=example"
> overlay glue
>
> Pierangelo provided the following example which would seem to indicate
> that there need not be any commonality in the suffix although this
> example does not make use of the "null" database entry:
> database ldap
> suffix "ou=Old"
> uri "ldap://old.server";
>
> database ldap
> suffix "dc=new"
> uri "ldap://new.server";
>
> In our case the suffixes would be:
> New server ou=Persons,dc=subdomainA,dc=domain,dc=edu
> Old server   ou=users,ou=ais
>
> As you can see there is no commonality between the 2.

I may have misunderstood your problem. I understood that during your
transition period between "old" and "new", you wished all LDAP clients
to perform the same search but find users that are in either tree,
transparently.

Thus, if your search is something like :
ldapsearch -h the.ldap.server -b "ou=the-common-search-base" uid=someone

...you can use the same search on all clients, and yes, you would need a
common suffix. If your current LDAP services don't share a suffix, you
can use slapo-rwm to rewrite this, for example :
rwm-suffixmassage ou=new,ou=the-common-search-base o=new

If you don't need to perform exactly the same search on all clients, why
don't you just configure them all the same?

Jonathan Clarke

Open Source Software Assurance (OSSA) - Groupe LINAGORA
27 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris
Tél: 01 58 18 68 28, fax: 01 58 18 68 29
http://www.linagora.com - http://www.08000linux.com