Re: openLDAP controls‏

Gene Kupfer wrote:
Sorry about that.

Yeah it seems to be a standard install for OpenLDAP. I tried doing my
own build and it also did not have these controls enabled.

I'm hoping someone knows what modifications I need to make to the
slapd.conf or maybe some other file, that will enable these controls.

Your client applications are broken. As I already stated, no version of OpenLDAP slapd provides those controls.
1) applications which use these controls are inherently broken, since
the server side sorting spec is inherently broken.
2) applications which fail when a particular control is unavailable are
inherently broken.

Thanks.

<kupferg@msn.com>

--