Re: SSL/TLS connection on port 389

Howard Chu skrev, on 30-01-2008 12:12:

[...]

FWIW your rhl5 src rpm rebuilt on Fedora FC6 has no problems with ldaps,
ldap starttls or ldapi; it does everything perfectly normally -
otherwise I'd have reacted negatively far sooner.

Probably because it still uses OpenSSL, and not GnuTLS like Debian does.

Ah. Indeed. I just knew there had to be one more reason why I don't use Debian if I can avoid it.

Then Buchan will have to redesign his spec and rpms to add GnuTLS to Red Hat and use that, which should be fun. It's available from Red Hat for rhl5.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl