From: openldap-technical-bounces+kenneth.penza=gov.mt@openldap.org
[mailto:openldap-technical-bounces+kenneth.penza=gov.mt@openldap.org] On
Behalf Of Tony Earnshaw
Sent: 24 January 2008 07:34
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: [SPAM] - Re: Syncrepl multimaster replication issue - Sending
mail server found on zen.spamhaus.org

Penza Kenneth at MITTS skrev, on 23-01-2008 11:06:

>             I am currently trying to setup a multi-master ldap setup.
> The setup is running on CentOS 5.1 with kernel 2.6.18-53.el5. In this
> setup I have migrated the UNIX authentication files using
MigrationTools
> and everything worked fine. When I am trying to setup the replication
> am encountering a strange behavior. The initial synchronization was
> performed by copying /var/lib/ldap directory when openldap was
shutdown.
> On starting both nodes query each other and everything seems operating

> correctly. When I perform a change on either node, the node performs
the
> local change however it is not propagated on the other node and in the

> /var/log/ldap.log I get the following message:
>

> When ever the change is made on ldap1 it reports:
>
> Jan 23 10:10:43 ldap1 slapd[5787]: null_callback : error code 0x10
>
> Jan 23 10:10:43 ldap1 slapd[5787]: syncrepl_updateCookie: rid=002
> be_modify failed (16)

Apart from what Gavin writes, since you're using CentOS5.1, consider
using Buchan Milne's Red Hat RHEL5 rpms or src rpm at
http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/. He's done an awful lot of work (has

done for years) and patched  things that need patching (apart from
anything else db4.6) which should ensure things working out of the box
on your system.

Best,

--Tonni

--