Re: Adding new LDIF entries

David Moderski skrev, on 23-01-2008 19:39:

I am having trouble finding the correct information about adding new entries. For example, if I am loading the initial directory, do the entries need to have changetype: add

Use ldapadd for adding new entries, not ldapmodify (unfortunately 'man' for both of these shows the same man page, but re-reading the examples near the end should make things clearer). If loading a sizeable initial directory, slapadd might make things a lot easier than ldapadd.

Further, the quick start section in the Admin Guide should help.

or is changetype: add only used for adding attributes to existing entries?

Yes. "changetype:" is only used for ldapmodify and friends.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw