Re: opeldap back-sql oracle with password-hash MD5 enabled

I was using oracle dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5 to generate the
password hash as my back-end is oracle. When I tried to generate the
hash using slappasswd and store it in userPassword, it works fine.

Now  I need to understand why the hash generated by oracle
dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5 is different from slappasswd.

select  md5_hash('123456') dual;

E10ADC3949BA59ABBE56E057F20F883E

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION MD5_HASH (v_input_string in varchar2)
RETURN VARCHAR2 IS
    v_checksum VARCHAR2(20);
BEGIN
   v_checksum := dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5 (input_string => v_input_string);
   RETURN utl_raw.cast_to_raw(v_checksum);
END;
/

Thanks a lot for pointing me right direction.

-Nikethan

--
Thanks,

Nikethan