Re: Fwd: strange issue on suse 10.2

Hi,

"Brett @Google" <brett.maxfield@gmail.com> writes:

> I am getting a strange problem on SuSE 10.2.
>
> When build RE24, approx since the last two releases, and make test fails (but
> the openldap itself works).
[...]
> running defines.sh
> Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
> Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> ./scripts/test000-rootdse: line 66: kill: (28301) - No such process
> ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

I can confirm this error partially, it only occurs with 32bit openSuSE
versions, but not with 64bit versions. If you look at the test
logfiles you will find that the ports 9001 through to 9099 are not
available. I haven't checked it, but I presume it is a SuSEfirewall
issue.

-Dieter
--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung