Re: ppolicy+syncrpl: pwd* attributes lost

--On June 26, 2008 4:01:50 PM -0400 "Chris G. Sellers" <Chris.Sellers@nitle.org> wrote:

Ok, I did find part of my error.  It was not explicitly named in the
syncrepl statement.  I added pwdChangedTime and pwdHistory to the
syncrepl attrs line and it does sync them now -- but only if they already
exist.  The account does not have a pwdChangedTime, and you change the
password on servera, serverb does not get the attribute populated.  I
will have to monitor the logs to see.

Why are you setting the attrs= line at all? Looks to me like you should just be using the default value (attrs="*,+"), and leaving it out of your syncrepl configuration entirely. You should only ever set the attrs= line in the syncrepl stanza if you want partial replication done.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer