query result size limit by ip

We have an application that can only bind to the directory anonymously and needs to be able to exceed our query size limit. The queries will come from a small set of IP addresses. What we want to do is to set the query size limit by source ip address.

One way that I can see to do this is to run two slapd servers with different -h switches specified on the slapd startup so that each server will bind to a different interface:port. Then we can restrict access to the unlimited-size-query server using ip tables. What would be really nice is if the two configurations could specify the same backend databases. Has anyone done this? Should this work? Is there a better way to do this?

Bill

--
Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>
Systems Programmer, ITS Unix Systems, Stanford University