Re: Replication appears to vanish, sometimes.

--On Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:08 PM +0900 Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net> wrote:

Thank you for your fast reply:

openldap-2.3.19
You are using an ancient version of OpenLDAP.
The newest available when this project started, which took longer than
expected. I can probably upgrade to newer as long as it is backward
compatible.

2.3.41 is compatible DB wise with 2.3.19, assuming you keep the BDB version the same as well.

You are using BDB 4.2.52 without the required patches.
Used latest Solaris package at the time. But will re-fetch latest stable
sources, and build on test system.

BDB 4.6 is the latest stable release. OpenLDAP 2.3 doesn't support BDB 4.6. I highly advise getting BDB 4.2.52 plus all relevant patches.

You are using slurpd.
Use syncrepl instead of slurpd

I have no idea what syncrepl is. The old system used slurpd successfully, but I take it there is a new feature in town. I shall see how difficult it is to set up syncrepl.

syncrepl is the replacement for slurpd, as slurpd had a number of limitations. It has been completely removed from OL 2.4.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer