Re: ldapmodify error

Hi,

Ok, I am using openldap 2.2.20 on both machines. My production server is Solaris 8, while my backup machine is redhat linux 8. I am not really using some kind of sophisticated replication scheme, but simply this is what I have done.

I have added replog attribute in the slapd.conf of my backup machine. I switch off my production for maintainance, and swithc the backup on. AS it has replog enabled it starts creating logs of the events, After maintainance activity I ftp the replog to production and use ldapmodify to apply those logs on production.

ldapmodify script which I am using is :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/main/soft/openldap/openldap-2.2.20/lib:/main/soft/openssl/openssl-0.9.7e/lib:/main/soft/berkeleydb/db-4.2.52/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/main/soft/openldap/openldap-2.2.20/bin/ldapmodify \
        -d 7 \
        -v -x -W -D "cn=nsadmin" -h hostname -p 389 -f /main/backup replog.

And when I run the script the error I get is

ldap_modify: Constraint violation (19)
         additional info: entryCSN: no user modification allowed

IF I edit my replog and remove all the stuff like

replace: lastModifiedTime
lastModifiedTime: 2008-03-24 12:27
-
replace: entryCSN
entryCSN: 20080324172725Z#000001#00#000000
-
replace: modifiersName
modifiersName: cn=nsadmin
-
replace: modifyTimestamp
modifyTimestamp: 20080324172725Z

and only keep what exactly was done, the script is able to apply that ldif to the production.

I had been doing it before and I am not sure now what is going wrong which is creating this problem.

I'll appreciate any pointer.

Thanks
--NZ
-

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
Naufal Sheikh wrote:

> I have openlldap running on one box with replog enabled.

Can you please elaborate on which version of OpenLDAP you're running and
which replication scheme you configured? Ideally by providing the slapd.conf.

> I am trying to
> propagate the generated replog on the production and when using the
> ldapmodify command I get the following:
>
> ldap_modify: Constraint violation (19)
>         additional info: entryCSN: no user modification allowed

What exactly are you doing? If you don't provide enough of the relevant
information nobody can help.

Ciao, Michael.