Re: write, then read delay with syncrepl/slapo-chain ?

Peter Mogensen wrote:

> I haev a quick question which I haven't been able to find an answer to
> in the docs:
>
> I have a slapd master with a couple of slaves (syncrepl
> refreshAndPersist). I can get updates to be diverted to the master with
> the chain overlay, but as the FAQ says there'll be a small delay before
> the changes are replicated back to the slaves.
> Is there anyway to automatically direct subsequent reads of the changed
> attributes to the master?

Yes, there is: add the "don't use copy" control to the read request.  If
your client has write, then read requirements, using the chain overlay
to avoid dealing with referrals is definitely a bad idea.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.