Re: Strange TLS behaviour with slapd 2.3.30 on Debian Etch

Howard Chu wrote:
> The fact that a reboot is required indicates that any problem is not in any
> user-level code. Maybe your /dev/random has run out of entropy, or some
> other underlying system resource is gone. Maybe strace would help here.

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. I can remember having
problems with Apache and mod_ssl in the past as they lacked of entropy with
no keyboard and mouse being attached to the machine. I have just installed
rng-tools and hope that this might solve the issues.

I'll report on it as soon as I can confirm that this was the cause.

Cheers,
Fabian