Re: logging

Craig skrev, on 10-12-2007 11:19:

[...]

I was simply looking for some advice on how to configure logging to get information X,Y,Z. My only comment about parsing was that I didn't care about the format, I just cared about the data.

Our LDAP servers are working just fine. I was looking at the logs and they were a little more verbose in some areas and less in others. I just wanted the logs have enough information so that if I had a problem I could start to debug what was going on. Yet, I don't want "logging" to start affecting performance.

As I already wrote, consider syslog-ng. It can "grep/parse" what you need out of the loglevel stuff that you define for OL logging and redirect this to separate custom logs.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl