Re: SyncRepl cookie length?

[Forgot a copy to the list.]

Ah, that is pretty annoying. I am now reserving 255 bytes, but the
information density of the cookies does not seem to be very high (my
totally uninformed guess). Can you say a bit more on how fast they grow?

My scenario is an old remote openldap master which syncs to a more
modern local openldap sever (using the old sync mechanism). The local
openldap server is then used to run syncrepl queries against.

Regards,
   Erik.

Howard Chu wrote:
I need to store syncrepl cookies in a database. What is the maximum
length for a cookie that is issued by open ldap?
There's no upper bound on the size. In a multimaster scenario, the more servers there are, the bigger the cookie may grow.

-- Erik van Oosten http://2008.rubyenrails.nl/ http://www.day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/