Re: Regarding Tree hierarchy in openLDAP

On Monday 05 November 2007 09:02:16 Anjali Arora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually i want to create a directory tree hierarchy. If i mention suffix
> as dc=example,dc=com
> and next time a want to add dn:
> cn=file_name,ou=Development,dc=example,dc=com
> and dn: cn=file2,ou=SoftwareDeveloper,dc=example,dc=com then server is not
> allowing me to perform these kinds of operation server is giving ERROR:
> server is umwilling to perform the operation. how to handle this situation

Please provide the exact error message. Listing approximate error messages
will result in approximate answers, such as this one:

Did you create the parents of the relevant entries, e.g. did you create
ou=Development,dc=example,dc=com and ou=SoftwareDeveloper,dc=example,dc=com ?

Regards,
Buchan