Maximum size of the database.

Hi Group,

We have a coorporate openldap database in production which has more
than 4 million entries. The slapd process serves three different
physical dabases of sizes 4 GB , 12 GB and 24 GB respecievely.
Earlier it was runnning in ldab backend and was crashing once in 3 -4
days. We upgraded to OpenLDAP 2.3.27 and BDB backend 4.4.20. Mac OS
Tiger with 4GB RAM in the master and 8 GB ram in the slave. Now it
crashes often may be couple of times in a day or sometimes once in 2
days. There is nothing much written in the log files but at times it
shows out of memory exception. However , the search performance is
still good.

- What is the maximum size of the database that OpenLDAP can support ?
- What is the maxmum number of dns it can hold ?
- Is there any solution for the above problem ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sumith.