Re: /etc/openldap/slapd.conf and loglevel?

On 6/28/07, mikee <mikee@mikee.ath.cx> wrote:
Does loglevel have an effect when slapd is started (redhat: service ldap start)
or only when data is loaded into the bdb database (slapadd -l /tmp/ldif).
I restarted my slapd this morning and it appears to be using the logging level
I specified in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf yesterday and not the logging level
in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf today.

Do logging levels persist from the original slapadd?

loglevel is specified either on the command line, in the global
section of the slapd.conf, or possibly in the configdb.  It should not
persist with slapadd-ed data.