Re: regarding backsql performance

That's funny that you would ask that, seeing as how the initial statements had no such quantification either... did I make my point?

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

gonzales@linuxlouis.net wrote:
This is so loaded.  Postgresql is entirely configurable and in the long
run, when you're dealing with hundred's of thousands of records,
postgresql is going to out perform any local text based db file.

If you're postgresql database system is configured correctly you'll see
no difference with small amounts of records between the two methods,
it's when your data becomes significantly large, that postgresql will
blow away the local db file.

Do you have any figures (e.g. fair benchmarks) to support your words? Do you have any direct experience on the topic, or are you just reporting boatos?

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.