Dynamic Indexing through cn=config

Hello,

I used bdb as a backend

Started slapd with ,  ./slapd -h "ldap://<ip>:<port>" -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d/ -f  /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

Step 1: I added indexing on a attribute (sn), in the cn=config sub-tree,

Step 2: If I search through the tree (cn=config), the added entry is not reflected

To Check, I added entries, it was not indexed on the added attribute (sn.bdb is not getting generated in bdb directory)

Step 3: When I try to add one more time , the same entry as Step 1, it says , entry already exists

Step 4: Now when I search cn=config tree, I am able to see the sn index entry in olCDbIndex

Now I added entries, it was getting indexed on the added attribute (sn.bdb is generated in bdb directory)

Please say why is this happening

Thanks a lot in advance,

Arunachalam.

 This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!