Re: Backend meta as a module errors

Alexandre DUVAL wrote:

> I tried hard but I can't manage to get back-meta to work as a module
> with OpenLDAP 2.3.34 to 2.3.35. (I'm actually trying to backport the
> Debian last  "slapd-2.3.35"  to  "Etch" )
>
> However, compiling back-meta and back-ldap --enable-ldap
> --enable-meta seems to solve my problem ... but why ?
>
> Here's the error message I get :
>
> @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.35 (Jun 15 2007 09:41:15) $
> root@Lena:/root/openldap/sources/openldap-2.3.35/servers/slapd
> /usr/local/2.3.35/slapd-meta.conf: line 61: "pseudorootdn",
> "pseudorootpw" are no longer supported; use "idassert-bind" and
> "idassert-authzFrom" instead. /usr/local/2.3.35/libexec/slapd: symbol
> lookup error: /usr/local/2.3.35/libexec/ldap/back_meta-2.3.so.0:
> undefined symbol: slap_idassert_parse_cf

slap_idassert_parse_cf() is defined in back-ldap, but also used in
back-meta.  There might be other functions shared by the two backends,
so you need to build and load both to make sure back-meta works as a
module.  Historically, the development of the two backends has followed
similar paths, with lots of functionality (and code) sharing between the
two.  Clearly it's a bug that back-meta can be compiled as a module
without back-ldap but then needs it to run, but I don't see a clear way
to resolve it without unnecessary code duplication.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.