Re: Question about ldap_init, ldap_initialize, start_tls, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_ALLOW and TLS/SSL

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, June 18, 2007 5:39 PM -0600 Philip Guenther <guenther@sendmail.com> wrote:

I filed an ITS about this (#4941) back in April, but it's still marked as
incoming. <rant>Dear Maintainers, not applying patches to the docs is a
*great* way to encourage better docs!</rant>

This statement is somewhat misleading. <..>

True, and my statement was much harsher than appropriate, for both of which I apologize. It had originally appeared to me that part of the original poster's problem involved the "'TLS_REQCERT ALLOW' *does* check certs some!" aspect of the mentioned ITS. That turned out to not be case, but I failed to mellow my already writen grousing. Again, my apologies.

Philip Guenther