Replication, ACL's - newbie questions.

 Hi,

I have about 10 locations on my tree where specific DN's have write access. To get the ACL's properly processed I have these ACL's before an ACL to resource "*" to the LDAP admin (access to * \ by "admin,suffix" write \ by * read).

On the slaves I should not have an ACL to each of those entries (those 10 before), cause if so, on each one I have to add an extra line to the replication agent for that slave. I need just one like this:

 access to *
  by "admin,suffix" write
  by replication-agent-for-this-slave,suffix write
  by * read

on the slave the replication DN is the only one requesting write access on syncronization(?), at least on the logs that's what I get, and it makes more sense. Despite the DN used to write on the master, always the replication agent is the one to request write access to the slave tree.

And another thing:

If I try to write anything on the slave with any DN (even admin DN) I get a referral error/message, ok, but when using the replication DN for that slave, I can write with no problems..then the databases are out of sync. I know nobody but the slapd and slurpd will have access to that DN pass, but is that right? Should the replication DN be able to write to the slave tree directly? Is there a way to make it right just when called by slurpd? (*Of course* it does have to write directly to the slave db, that's why it exists, if there were a way to make it do so just when called by slurpd..(I don't know who starts the write process if it's slapd or slurpd.)

 thanks,

 lauro