Re: is it possible to configure openldap to return latest modified entries first without using sorting feature?

Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> ä Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:28:06 -0700
> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> åé:
>
>> Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>>>
>>> last
>>> modified entries are displayed last. (project requirement is: last
>>> modified entries are displayed first.)
>> That must be pure coincidence. Entries are returned in their order of
>> creation, not order of modification. There is no configuration that
>> will change this ordering.
>
> I don't think it's pure coincidence, at least not 'pure'. I tried to
> modify an entry in middle of the search result, and do search again,
> this very entry goes to the bottom of the search result.

Which LDAP client did you use for modification?
Was it really a modify request sent to the server?
A brain-dead LDAP client could delete and re-add the entry when
"modifying" it.

Ciao, Michael.