Re: indexes and multiple values

--On Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:50 PM +0200 David Schmitter <schmitt@dataflow.ch> wrote:

hi all

it seems that recent openldap versions don't allow eq indexes if there
are multiple values (per object) for an attribute. if i use an eq index
on such an attribute queries will not match for any of the multiple
values.

this was possible with openldap 2.0 using the ldbm backend.

any ideas?

I think you are seriously confused. eq indices for multi-valued attributes have always worked for me, and I've only used OpenLDAP 2.1 - 2.3 with the bdb and hdb backends. Perhaps you added an index after the data already existed, and forgot to run slapindex?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer