Re: Does chain overlay support sasl binding?

Simon Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if chain overlay currently supports sasl binding or not
> with OpenLDAP 2.3.35.
>
> Since both idassert-bind and chain-idassert-bind are handled by ldap
> backend, can I assume sasl binding should be available to chain overlay
> also?

Yes, it does.  But, of course, it cannot bind with the user's
credentials.  It can use SASL bind when exploiting the idassert feature,
namely to bind as an administrative identity to proxyAuthz the user's
identity.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team