Re: index an attribute makes it unusable in a filter

--On Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:19 PM -0500 sudhakar <sudhakar@co.brazos.tx.us> wrote:

We have a custom string attribute in our ldap schema that tracks the
status of the user's account. If the attribute is indexed any search
query which filters on that specific attribute fails to return any
results. If I remove the index on that attribute then everything runs
fine. While this is not a show stopper, it would still be nice to index
this particular attribute since it is used in filters very often.

I was wondering if someone has noticed similar behavior and what the
solution might be. We have other custom attributes are being indexed and
functioning correctly.

If you add an index to an attribute that already exists, you *must* stop slapd and run slapindex.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration