Re: OpenLDAP Server version differences?

--On Friday, June 01, 2007 5:38 PM +0200 Mikael Bak <mikael@t-online.hu> wrote:

On Friday 01 June 2007 17:31, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

ACL syntax was made to be more strict between 2.1 and 2.3. You really should run the same version of OpenLDAP everywhere, so that you don't have to deal with differences in configuration.

--Quanah

Quanah, Thanks for the response! I intend to run 2.3 everywhere. 2.1 is kept just because of this test case. You se 2.1 is producing the expected results right now. 2.3 doesn't.

Hi,

You don't need to send me a separate copy from the list (just to note). Also, I think you missed my point -- ACLs behave differently between 2.1 and 2.3. ACLs determine what a client sees. You have not posted any relevant configuration directives for the two servers, so it is pretty much impossible to say why you are seeing the behavior you are seeing, but my RAG (random ass guess) would be the ACLs either (a) being different or (b) being the same, but using the 2.1 syntax, so that the 2.3 server behaves differently.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer