Re: Sort ldap results

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox@wavenet.at> writes:

How can I generally sort ldap querys by any attribute?

(I don't mean queries via ldapsearch command, I mean
force the server to sort a special tree by e.g. gecos)

Serverside sorting is not implemented, if you only want a selected
attribut list of the tree presented you may have a look at dynlist
overlay.

Not quite true.

1) You cannot *force* the server to sort results for you, by any means.

2) The server side sorting control is implemented, but the specification for SSS is useless. Our implementation is a no-op, which is in full compliance with the SSS spec.

--
  -- Howard Chu