dynamic config support for unique overlay

I see that with the 2.3.34 release that the auditlog overlay now has dynamic config support added. The one overlay left that I use which prevents me from using cn=config is the unique overlay.

Is anyone working on adding dynamic config support to the unique overlay? If not, are there directions someplace on what is required to add dynamic config support to an overlay? (I did search the developers list archives and came up empty)

Thanks,