Re: Schema Replication

Mark Mcdonald wrote:
-----Original Message----- From: Howard Chu [mailto:hyc@symas.com]

In OpenLDAP 2.3 you can add new schema definitions on the fly, but you cannot modify existing definitions. In OpenLDAP 2.4 you can do full
schema modifications on the fly.

Are they replicated from master to slaves in 2.3?

Not with syncrepl, but you could make slurpd handle this for you. In 2.4 syncrepl can handle it.

Read the Admin Guide. I think you'll be better off using OpenLDAP 2.4
for this project. We should be pushing out a new 2.4 alpha release
pretty soon.

Is version 2.4 likely to become stable in the near future? Does anyone have any stories from a production environment? We've just updated to 2.3 stable & HDB (from 2.1/LDBM) and would rather not repeat the process so soon!

2.4 stable, no, not likely to happen soon.

I'm playing around with cn=schema,cn=config now, and my changes are not
preserved after slapd is restarted, is there a way around this?  Any
recommended methods to take (excluding minor revision increments)?

READ THE ADMIN GUIDE.

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/slapdconf2.html

--
  -- Howard Chu