Re: Cannot get "logpurge" to work

Dave Horsfall wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Nope; still not purging, even with a 5-minute scan.
Well, it works perfectly for me...

My syntax is a bit different than yours though:

[...]

In your example configuration, you didn't show the overlay bit being inside another database definition, but I assume it is...

Yes, it is, and it took a while to work that one out; talk about economical documentation :-)

The overlay keyword is documented in slapd.conf(5) under the General Database Options. The first sentence of this section states:

    Options in this section only apply to the configuration file
    section for the database in which they are defined.

The documentation for the overlay keyword begins:

    Add the specified overlay to this database.

I would think it's clear from these statements that overlay configurations are only valid on specific databases.

Why use a thousand words to say the same thing over and over again? Why write any documentation at all when the existing documents are so obviously being ignored?

--
  -- Howard Chu