Openldap Install

So I’m trying to install openldap 2.3.37 on a Solaris 10 machine.  It complained about not being able to find Berkeley DB so I installed version 4.4.20 which installed into /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/.  I set CPPFLAGS to point to include in that directory and LDFLAGS to point to lib in that same directory.  However, the configure still fails saying there’s a version mismatch:

checking db.h usability... yes

checking db.h presence... yes

checking for db.h... yes

checking for Berkeley DB major version... 4

checking for Berkeley DB minor version... 4

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb44)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-44)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.4)... yes

checking for Berkeley DB version match... no

configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here, but it sure seems like I’m overlooking something simple…

Aaron Smith                Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu

System Administrator   (269) 337-7496

Kalamazoo College