Re: live index

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:48 PM -0400 matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:

I was trying to figure out if there was a way to do live reindexing
(or, at least, adding new indicies).

slapdindex's manpage still recommends shutting down the database. (but
so does slapcat)

Sure, use back-config.

In 2.3, of course.

The larger the database, the slower it will be.

One would think that would be self-evident.

And unfortunately, there is still no support for replicated back-config, which I think is a must for back-config to really be worthwhile.

What does any of that have to do with the original question? Just because a feature doesn't match your personal agenda doesn't mean it's worthless to everyone else. Replication wasn't even mentioned anywhere in the original post, why drag in irrelevant topics when responding?

--
  -- Howard Chu