Re: ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)

Thank you Dieter.  I am able to add organization and organizationUnit now.  But when I tried to add a person using the following .ldif file, it gave me another error message.

dn:uid=user1,ou=Employees,o=example.com,cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com
objectclass:top
objectclass:person
objectclass:organizationalPerson
cn:John Doe
sn:Doe
givenname:John
uid:user1
userpassword:password
ou:Employees

ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
add objectclass:
        top
        person
        organizationalPerson
add cn:
        John Doe
add sn:
        Doe
add givenname:
        John
add uid:
        user1
add userpassword:
        password
add ou:
        Employees
add description:
        user1
adding new entry "uid=user1,ou=Employees,o=example.com,cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,d
c=com"
modify complete
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: attribute 'givenName' not allowed

Isn't givenName a regular (even though it is optional) attribute?  Why it is not allowed?

Haiyi