Re: Slapd Replication Problem

You're trying to replicate (i.e. write) as

binddn="uid=slapd,ou=Services,dc=precidia"

and running into configuration that includes (early on)

access    to attrs=userPassword
    by anonymous auth
    by self write
    by * none

so an attempt to replicate an entry, which includes userPassword, is failing because your binddn does not have write access to relevant areas.

So... I need to add an extra "auth" line for my replication DN? I never saw that mentioned in the "OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide"; I assumed that mentioning it as the "updatedn" would be sufficient.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@precidia.com )

      Relationships go through seasons.  Winter often comes before Spring.