Re: issue w/ LDAP that I have encountered

Quanah,
Thanks for your reply. The only reason the db is expendable is because I'm setting it up right now, so it won't be expendable once it's populated w/ LDAP data. The reason I have chosen an SQL-based solution is because we are planning on integrating all of the data in LDAP ( user account info, user organizational data, DNS records, DHCP, etc. ) w/ ticket-tracking and other management software, and we have decided that an SQL solution offers us the best interoperability as well as the widest range of choices should we need to move to a different DB later on.
I appreciate the tip on using the Heimdal implementation. Should I encounter any issues in my initial testing, I will try Heimdal out. However, right now I'm just trying to get things working, and if I have time ( before my deadline, which is creeping inexorably closer ) I will do performance testing and tuning.
Thanks,
Derek R.

---
derek.richardson@ieee.org
derekr42@gmail.com
derekr@tlc2.uh.edu
dmrichar@uh.edu
drichardson4@uh.edu
---
"As a rule, dictatorships guarantee safe streets and
terror of the doorbell. In democracy the streets
may be unsafe after dark, but the most likely visitor
in the early hours will be the milkman."
-- Adam Michnik