use of the domain acl control

I have all my machines listed as 'cxhost' objects within:

ou=Hosts,dc=cityxpress,dc=com

I'd like to store some host specific information in my
'cxhost' object. I'd like to allow hosts to connect to
the directory anonymously but only read information
specific to themselves.

For example the host 'bob.cityxpress.com' connects
anonymously to the directory. This connection only
should have read access to:

cn=bob.cityxpress.com,ou=Hosts,dc=cityxpress,dc=com

Can I do this?

I've tried different formulations of the following
access control statement:

access to dn.regex="(.+),ou=Hosts,dc=cityxpress,dc=com"
        by domain.regex="$1" write

This isn't working.

I've also had less the luck getting any debug statements
regarding this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.