Re: requesting clarification of slapd.conf-versus-slapd.d configuration

Eric Irrgang wrote:
... Which brings me back to my real question of how to best backup and
restore the configuration. I can't get "slapadd -n0 -l config.ldif" to
work as a recovery procedure. Without specifying '-f' or '-F', slapadd
consults the slapd.conf installed with the software and tries to use the
database directories specified in it rather than in the config.ldif. With
'-F' specified, slapadd simply dies trying to open the slapd.d that isn't
yet populated:

Looks like the slapadd feature was broken a few months ago. It's now fixed in HEAD, try applying the patch in bconfig.c rev 1.206 to your source.

--
 -- Howard Chu