Access to monitorIsShadow

I'm trying to determine whether a particular suffix on a particular server
is a master or a slave (ITS #3696).  I thought I could do something like:

% ldapsearch -LLL -h mippet -b cn=Databases,cn=Monitor \
  "(&(structuralObjectClass=monitoredObject)(namingContexts=dc=id,dc=cordoors,dc=dev))" \
  monitorIsShadow

and various other combinations, to no avail.  Instead I found I had to use
a specific DN:

% ldapsearch -LLL -h mippet -b cn=Database\ 2,cn=Databases,cn=Monitor monitorIsShadow
dn: cn=Database 2,cn=Databases,cn=Monitor
monitorIsShadow: TRUE

Is this right?

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engrng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU