Re: Synchronization to distant locations over high-latency/low-bandwidth

--On Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:40 PM +0100 Jan-Piet Mens <jpm@retail-sc.com> wrote:

I need to have about a dozen replicas of an OpenLDAP 2.3.20 directory
in distant parts of the world, one of the main difficulties being the
quite awful bandwidth between those slaves and the master. The directory
itself only has about ten thousand inetOrgPerson entries in it.

In the past I've had very good experience with slurpd replication (over
LAN) and I'm wondering if syncrepl would now be the better way to go.

Are there any recommendations you can give me on which method to choose
for this scenario?

delta-syncrepl would probably be your best bet. Normal syncrepl has much larger bandwidth requirements than slurpd or delta-syncrepl.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer