Re: SQL backend SELECT problem (1=1 causes horrible performance)

> I'm using 2.2.23 (from Debian Sarge)

In any case, note that OpenLDAP 2.2 itself is historic; 2.2.23 is not the
latest release of OpenLDAP 2.2; and back-sql is known to be flawed in the
2.2 series (and in 2.3 up to 2.3.14, I believe).  So upgrading to the
latest 2.3 is strongly recommended for many reasons, but particularly if
you intend to use back-sql.  If the issue persists, we can try to work the
actual reason out and, if possible, provide a fix or a workaround (like
allow to disable a feature in slapd.conf when desirable).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team