Re: LDAP 2.3.17 won't compile on Solaris 8 -- Openssl problem

> export LDFALGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib"

If that's a cut and paste, it's not going to work. And on Solaris, you
very likely want a RPATH (LDFLAGS='-Lfoo -Rfoo').

> Does this error originate in how OpenSSL was compiled? I got exactly the
> same result on a Solaris 10 box too, by the way, same ssl version.

Typically it's more of an installation thing than compilation, although it
could be either. But why guess blindly? config.log/config.status/etc. work
great for figuring this sort of stuff out.