Re: LDAP: error code 21 - objectClass: value #0 invalid per syntax

As this isn't a JNDI discussion forum, I'll focus only on
the OpenLDAP-specific aspects of your submission.  Whatever
JNDI specific questions you might have should be directed
to JNDI discussion forum.

At 07:59 AM 12/15/2005, you wrote:
>Exception in thread "main"
>javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException:
>[LDAP: error code 21 - objectClass: value #0 invalid
>per syntax]; remaining name 'o=jndiTest'

Note that common errors returned by slapd(8) are discussed
in the FAQ at:
  <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=53>http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=53

This error is discussed at:

The second part of that discussion is likely quite apropos.

>schemacheck    off

In modern releases of slapd(8), this does nothing (but warn
the user that its ignored).  In old releases, it will
lead to breakage.  Don't set this.

Kurt