Re: Do overlays affect the speed of OpenLDAP?

--On Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:26 PM -0500 Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:
This makes it sound like you're addressing the size issue.

If so (just so I clarify for my sake), let me restate my question
differently:

Is there a performance hit to slapd, if it's compiled with overlays
and backends enabled, but slapd isn't configured to use them at
run-time?
Does a car run slower carrying an extra 100 lbs cargo? How about 500 lbs, or 1000 lbs?

Use your own brain, try it and see, if you can't reason it out. Your restated question is still vague and therefore meaningless. Is there an effect - of course there's an effect. The more memory an application occupies, the more time it takes to manage that memory. Is it noticable or significant? That depends on who is trying to notice it and what they think is significant. When you don't qualify the information you're looking for, you can't expect quality information.

--
 -- Howard Chu