Re: BDB malloc problems and DB corruption

--On Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:58 AM -0600 Digant C Kasundra <digant@uta.edu> wrote:

Hello everyone,

This may be more of a problem with my BDB setup but I thought I'd check
here first since the application that's suffering is OpenLDAP.  Here is
my setup:

RHEL 3 AS (2.4.21-37.ELsmp)
OpenLDAP 2.2.29
BerkeleyDB 4.2.52 + patches
Cyrus-SASL-2.1.21
Heimdal 0.7.1
OpenSSL-0.9.7g

System has 4189724672 (4GB) memory.

slapd.conf has:
checkpoint 2048 5
cachesize 50000

Nov  8 01:04:46 tau slapd[10839]: bdb(dc=uta,dc=edu): malloc: Cannot
allocate memory: 3145764

This would appear to indicate that your system has run out of free RAM. Do you have any stats on the state of the system when this occurs?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html