Re: Referral

> Hi,
>
> I have create a referral subtree on my openldap directory A which is a
> subtree of my openldap directory B.  I can see all the entries of the
> subtree directory  B on my openldap directory A. Now i want to add a new
> entry in B directoy by the subtree referal in A directory , is it
> possible ?

You need a client that is able to chase referrals while writing.  None of
the OpenLDAP software tools can do this for you, because they don't know
how to rebind while chasing referrals, so they only perform referral
chasing anonymously.  You need to write your own client (or modify an
existing one) that fits your purposes with respect to rebind policy.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it