Re: International searches

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 09:15:52PM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> However, in slapd(8), directory string approximate
> rule ignores accents and such.  Hence, (cn~=Sanchez)
> will match "Sánchez" and vice versa.

Hi Kurt, thanks for your fast reply. Your tip was very useful, though I've
found that all LDAP clients I use (Thunderbird, Horde/Turba, MAC Addressbook,
etc) don't use the approximate operator when doing searches so I'm still kind
of stuck. An equality match (like caseIgnoreNonAsciiMatch) would be better, but
those aren't supported by slapd, AFAIK.

Pablo.